In Catan Treasures, Dragons & Adventurers, you and your opponents can embark on a thrilling adventure in the world of Catan by defeating dragons, discovering islands off the Catanian coast, and digging canals to unearth the treasures they hold.
This game offers a range of new and exciting components, making it an essential addition for avid players who enjoy customizing existing scenarios or inventing their own maps and scenarios. Let your creativity run wild!
This scenario pack includes six unique scenarios that require the CATAN base game, as well as the Seafarers and Cities & Knights expansions.
The scenarios included in the pack are:
The Treasure Islands, Departure Into The Unknown, Greater Catan, The Desert Fragons, The Great Canal, and The Enchanted Land.
What Comes With Catan Treasures, Dragons & Adventurers
The scenario pack includes 1 rule book, 12 land fields, 6 sea fields (with the back side featuring a desert), 2 frame parts, 16 city pieces (in 4 colors), 20 treasure tokens, 9 canal tokens, 12 number tokens, and 19 wooden dragon pieces.
Downloads to Catan Treasures, Dragons & Adventurers
CATAN Treasures, Dragon & Adventurers Rulebook
Requires the CATAN base game, Seafarers and Cities & Knight to play the scenarios from this box.
Required Games to play Catan Treasures, Dragons & Adventurers
This post may contain affiliate links. Which means we may receive a small commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended at no extra cost to yourself. As an amazon, associate, we earn from qualifying purchases
Included scenarios in Catan Treasures, Dragons & Adventurers:
- The Treasure Islands
- Departure into the Unknown
- Greater Catan
- The Desert Dragons
- The Great Canal
- The Enchanted Land
If you have a penchant for exploration, you’ll relish the Treasure Islands or Departure into the Unknown scenarios. In The Treasure Islands, you set sail from the coasts of Catan in search of new land. During your journey, you’ll uncover not only small islands that earn you additional victory points but also treasures that offer significant advantages.
In contrast, in Departure into the Unknown – a scenario exclusive to this set – you start on a small, U-shaped coastal strip and venture into a vast landmass at the center of the “U”. You’ll also find treasures in this scenario, but here, you can accumulate them to secure a good special harbor or invest in victory points.
In Greater Catan, all players start on the home island in the center of the game board. You’ll reach the surrounding islands with your ships and establish new settlements there. However, resource production on the home island will gradually decline as the number tokens move to the hexes of the new islands. The player who’s quick to spread out on the new islands will be in a favorable position.
It’s anyone’s guess if dragons ever existed on Catan, as in the scenario The Desert Dragons. But let’s assume these mythical creatures did exist and would gradually occupy the land hexes of Catan. What would you do? Emigrate? Well, that’s the ideal option. Luckily, there’s a neighboring island without any dragons, and you should head there quickly. You can then take a deep breath and surround yourself with knights to help reconquer the original home island bit by bit.
Except for the scenario just described, all scenarios work well in combination with the Cities & Knights expansion. The scenarios The Great Canal and The Enchanted Land were specially created for the combination of Seafarers and Cities & Knights. Needless to say, the focus is on the knights in these two scenarios.
In The Great Canal scenario, you must collaboratively dig a canal to cultivate a desert and its adjacent fields. Since knights mostly just stand around in between barbarian attacks, you can hand them shovels to make themselves useful digging the canal. If you allow your knights to dig assiduously, you’ll earn additional victory points.
In The Enchanted Land scenario, knights can have an honorable side job again: hunting dragons. The dragons reside in the enchanted land and guard valuable treasures – treasures that become special victory points as soon as you obtain them. Unfortunately, the enchanted land is an island, so you must first construct ships to send your knights across the sea. By the way, you shouldn’t send weaklings to the island of the dragons because it also harbors powerful dragons that only mighty knights can defy.
How To Win Catan Treasures, Dragons & Adventurers:
Here are some tips on how to win the different scenarios included in the pack:
- The Treasure Islands: To win this scenario, you need to explore the new islands and find as many treasures as possible. Treasures provide you with considerable advantages, such as extra victory points or free resources. Try to balance your exploration with building settlements and roads, as you still need to earn victory points to win the game.
- Departure into the Unknown: This scenario is all about exploration and hoarding treasures. Try to discover as much of the large landmass in the center of the game board as possible, and collect treasures to earn extra victory points. Don’t forget to build settlements and roads to earn regular victory points as well.
- Greater Catan: In this scenario, you need to spread out to the surrounding islands to maintain your resource production. Try to be the first player to settle on a new island, as you’ll get the most benefit from its resources. Don’t neglect your home island, though, as you still need to earn victory points there too.
- The Desert Dragons: The goal of this scenario is to escape the dragons and reconquer your original home island. Emigrate to the neighboring island without any dragons as quickly as possible, and surround yourself with knights to protect yourself. Use your knights to reconquer your original home island bit by bit.
- The Great Canal: To win this scenario, you need to work together with the other players to dig a canal and cultivate the adjacent fields. Use your knights to dig assiduously, as this will earn you additional victory points. Don’t forget to build settlements and roads to earn regular victory points as well.
- The Enchanted Land: In this scenario, you need to send your knights across the sea to hunt dragons and collect treasures. Build ships as quickly as possible to get to the enchanted land, but make sure you send your strongest knights to take on the mighty dragons. Collect as many treasures as possible to earn extra victory points.
Overall, the key to winning Treasures, Dragons & Adventurers is to balance your exploration and treasure-hunting with regular victory point-earning strategies like building settlements and roads. Don’t neglect any aspect of the game, and be prepared to adapt your strategy based on the actions of your opponents.
You Win Catan Treasures, Dragons & Adventurers if you reach 12 Victory Points
Leave a Reply